Terms and Conditions
Swakeleys Apartment ~Terms & Conditions Formation of the Contract & Definitions
1. The booking of Swakeleys Apartment, 51 Halford Road, Ickenham, Middlesex, UB10 8QA (“the Apartment”) is a legally binding contract for hiring the Apartment for the period specified on the booking summary (“The holiday period”). You should only enter the contract if you have read these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them.
2. The contract is between Swakeleys Apartment ("the Owner") and the person who has submitted the booking form ("the Party Leader"). References to 'we' 'our' refer to the Owner and references to 'you', 'your' refer to the Party Leader and his or her party.
3. The Party Leader must be over 18 years of age. Bookings from persons under this age cannot be accepted.
4. By making a booking, the Party Leader is making an offer. This offer creates a “provisional booking” but no contract is created until such time as: a) The deposit (or, in the case of a booking less than 42 days before the start of the holiday, the full amount) has been paid by the Party
Leader and received by us; AND b) we have notified the Party Leader (by email or otherwise in writing) that the booking is accepted.
5. Upon fulfilment of conditions (a) and (b) above, the contract will be formed and the booking will become a “confirmed booking”.
6. In the event that we do not accept the proposed booking, we will notify the Party Leader (by email or otherwise in writing) and the Owner will refund in full to the Party Leader any monies (whether by way of deposit and/or the full amount) already paid by the Party Leader.
7. The Apartment is hired for a holiday only. No tenancy is created.
8. At the time of booking, the Party Leader shall pay to the Owner a deposit representing 30% of the full cost of the holiday.
9. The balance shall be paid by the Party Leader to the Owner at least 6 weeks (42 days) prior the start of the holiday period. If the balance is not paid and we are unable to contact you, or you do not arrive at the property within 24 hours of your arrival time without notifying us, it will be assumed that you wish to cancel your holiday and the booking will be treated as a cancellation by the Party Leader.
You shall be required to pay the applicable security deposit, cleaning fee and/or any other fees as set out in the email confirmation as part of your payment in full or your Balance payment (as applicable).
10. In the event that a booking is made less than 6 weeks before the selected start date, the full cost of the holiday shall be payable at the time of booking.
Cancellation by the Owner:
11. We would only cancel your holiday if your accommodation was unavailable for reasons beyond our control. If this does happen, we will contact you as soon as is reasonably practical and inform you of the cancellation or the change to your Booking. We would, however, attempt to offer you alternative accommodation. If this were not possible or unacceptable to you, then we would refund all monies paid by you for the holiday. Except in exceptional circumstances, our liability would not extend beyond this refund, and we will not be liable to refund you for any fees you may have paid to any third party in connection with your holiday (including, without limitation, fees for travel, entertainment, activities or insurance).
Cancellation by the Party Leader:
12) If you need to cancel your booking the Party Leader must contact us as soon as possible. We will acknowledge receipt by return. Please do not consider your booking cancelled until you receive our confirmation.
If we manage to re-let the property for the same price, we will refund you what you have already paid less £25 to cover our costs. If we do not manage to re-let the property, the following cancellation charges apply:
More than 6 weeks’ notice your deposit
Less than 6 weeks’ notice 80% of the total cost
On arrival date or later 100% of the total cost
It is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED that you to take out cancellation insurance to protect you against possible loss
13. You agree to comply with the regulations set out in any property manual at the Property and ensure that they are observed by all members of your party. You agree to be bound by the following specific obligations: a) No Smoking: There is a strict no smoking policy at the Apartment. b) No pets (except guide dogs) are permitted at the Apartment. c) You shall not exceed the maximum number of people permitted to stay at the Apartment d) You shall not share the Apartment with anyone not nominated on the booking form; e) You shall nor sublet the Apartment or assign the booking to anyone else.
14. If you don't comply with the above conditions (in clause 13), then the holiday contract will be cancelled immediately and you will forthwith vacate the Apartment and no refund or compensation will be payable to you.
15. You agree to ensure that each member of your party is covered by comprehensive travel insurance (including cancellation, flight delays, loss and damage to baggage and other property) and health insurance (including evacuation and repatriation coverage). You agree to take all necessary steps to safeguard your personal property while at the Property.
Arrival & Departure:
16. Unless otherwise agreed in writing with us: a) the Apartment will be ready for occupation from 3.00 pm onwards on the specified day of arrival; b) You shall vacate the Apartment by 11.00 am on the specified day of departure.
16(a). If your arrival will be delayed, you must contact the person whose details are given on the booking confirmation email so that alternative arrangements can be made. If you fail to do so you may not be able to gain access to the Property.
17. On departure, you should leave the Apartment in a clean and tidy condition.
Loss & Damage:
18. The Owner shall not be liable to the Party Leader or any member of their party or visitors for any accident, loss or damage to such persons or their property howsoever caused.
19. It is accepted that accidents do occur and that there may be small breakages during the course of your stay. The Party Leader does need to report any breakage immediately so replacements can be made. The Security Deposit may be used for any repair and/or replacement of the Property, furnishings, fixtures and fittings that are necessary after your stay. We will return the Security Deposit to you (within 14 days) following the return of the keys to us, less any deductions in accordance with the conditions listed above.
20. We shall have the right of entry to the Property at all reasonable times (except in an emergency where immediate access may be required) to a) to attend to any matter of complaint; b) to attend to any repair or other maintenance; c) for quality inspections, meter reads etc.
21. The holiday price will include all charges for water, sewage, electricity, gas, towels, linen and fitted sheet. If the pay to view television channel in the property is used, the Party Leader will reimburse the Owner the cost.
Right to Evict
22. We reserve the right to evict you (without compensation being payable to you) if this is deemed necessary by us; for example, should complaints be made of anti- social behaviour or unreasonable breakages or damage occurs or smoking restrictions are not observed or the Apartment is being otherwise misused or there is a material breach by you of the Agreement.
23. Every reasonable care will be taken to make sure that you have an enjoyable holiday. Should you find on arrival that there is a problem, or cause for complaint, you should immediately make this known to us so that it can be put right. We will not normally make any refunds in respect of complaints made after your departure from the Apartment if you did not make the complaint or the problem known to us during the holiday.
A visitor’s book is available in the Apartment and on the web page for comments on your holiday.
Law and Jurisdiction
24. This Booking Contract (including any non-contractual obligations arising under or in relation to this Booking Contract) between you and us is governed by the law of England and Wales and we both agree that any dispute, matter or other issue which arises between us will be exclusively dealt with by the Courts of England and Wales.
Mr P and Mrs J Connery
51 Halford Road